Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tag? Just let me take off my headgear and get my gym shoes on

OMG, I've been -- tagged. By the famous Hairbanger! I feel like the dumpy nerd kid who just got picked to play kickball. I'm so excited! But uh, I don't have 7 blog-friends to tag. I'll do my best, but remember, I'm the dumpy nerd kid with only two friends, one of whom is his pet ferret.

Here are the Rules of This Tagging Thing:

Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

OK! Here goes!

1. I can tap dance. Whenever I watch An American in Paris, especially the scene where Gene Kelly is dancing for the little French kids, it makes me want to go back to class just to tap dance again.

2. Movies: every year at Christmastime, I have to watch The Apartment because it is my favorite funny pseudo-holiday-themed movie, and yes, I do know the whole script. See: Dumpy Nerd Kid.

3. People who fuck up punctuation, especially apostrophes, make me blind with rage. Blind. How can people make it up half a rung of a career ladder when they can't even write in their own fucking native language! Sweet Jesus on a lighthouse, it seriously drives me to blithering fury.

4. I can do an excellent Marvin the Martian voice. Actually I'm quite good at all sorts of accents, too.

5. If I could sing anything, I would sing opera. Or the blues.

6. I have only left my house without mascara on twice in the last 25 years. It was six months before I would let my husband see me without eye makeup on, and it was a huge act of trust for me. If I could never wear eye makeup again, I don't think I could go on living.

7. I was adopted as a three-week-old infant from the Indianapolis Orphans Asylum. And if that isn't the funniest name EVER for an adoption facility, you need to get your laugh muscle checked.

OK, so here's the point where I pick my blog-friends to tag. Hmmmm...

Stacey Leigh.

Stacey's friend Beth.


Uh, anybody else want to be on the team? Anyone? Feel free!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm on it!
By the way, your Joyce Carol Oates remark made me laugh out loud.

Allie said...

let it be known that 'I' am the dumpy nerd here, stacey let it be known what a hottie you are - and actually - that kinda hotness makes me like you a little less.

i'm sad enough to admit that.

but you're still my favorite!