Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The List

The perfect is the enemy of the good. - Voltaire.

Or, as Anne Lamott would say, Shitty first drafts. I have GOT to remember this. I wasn't going to post again today because my List is not perfectly finished. Uh, and besides, I still can't find it. Fuck it! So what! I'll start a new list! Geez, can I just let myself up off the mat once in a while?

Numero Uno on my List of Things to Do in my life is:

Make Art.

It doesn't have to be perfect, or meaningful, or history-smashing, or marketable. It doesn't have to be hip or tragic. It doesn't need to have shock value. It only has to be satisfying to me to make, and fulfill my creative urges, and bring me joy in the expression. Oh, and no matter what it is, it will be nine hundred and forty-seven times better than the shite-fest that is Thomas Kincade, may he rest in peace in one of his own homes-lit-by-a-flamethrower-from-within.

1 comment:

Allie said...

just so you know.

that thomas kincade bit, yeah - that made me have to change my panties from the laughter.

damnit. i HATE it when people are funnier than me.