Monday, June 2, 2008

Crap

Weekend update: Friday night, horrible storms, basement flooded. Bailing out water from the basement with a bucket at midnight. Scared son, daughter at a sleepover, freaking out.

Saturday: two graduation parties to attend, one of whom is my darling goddaughter's.

Sunday: Lovely stepdaughter's graduation.

The common thread running through the weekend: the stench of muddy, mildew-y carpet in my basement, humidity that made my hair frizz, frantic calls to insurance flunkies and water-sucking-up devices and/or workers, and this relentless buzzing in my head that kept saying "it could have been worse, it could have been worse, but ohmygodi'msickofthisshitwhenwillitend?"

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah, the "coulda been worse" thing never really works for me, either.
That sucks!

Allie said...

it does indeed suck the monkey.

i'm so sorry - what a pain in the assular area.

christelpistol said...

sounds like your weekend SUCKED.... get it.. sucked! hahahaha... nm.

just change your mantra to
CHIN UP TITS OUT.

it works for the Numbers. hell, i even have it written on my bathroom mirror in dry erase.