Thursday, April 10, 2008

Words I HATE

In no particular order, here's a bunch of words I hate:

rubric

inchoate

macabre

poignant

paradigm

onus

copacetic

criteria

approbation

utilize

articulate

And a whole host of others I can't think of right now because I have successfully driven them out of my head. When I read those words I get a cramp in my neck and my eyes revolt, making me squint, and that gives me wrinkles. These words are the stumpy-legged, irritating, blathering in-laws of the dictionary, and they should be sent out back to the mini-barn with the rusty gardening tools to await the junkman. Or be eaten by a dog, so he could vomit back up all the individual letters and we could repackage them into prettier words to be used more eloquently in some other sentence. Geez.

I am no fun to play Scrabble with.

6 comments:

christelpistol said...

i DETEST the word "reevaluate"



words NOT to be used when discussing one's marriage.

Beth said...

I don't like the word "paradigm" especially when used in conjunction with the word "shift".

Terri said...

Oh lord, don't get me started on phrases I hate. Seriously.

Tasty said...

Can we please do phrases next? No, seriously.

Allie said...

i think we should do jello shots next, then talk about people with crappy shoes.

but that's just me.

christelpistol said...

MAF, did you honestly offer to willingly eat Jell-O?