Monday, February 11, 2008

Note to self: this too shall pass

A friend of mine used to say that to me when I would be absolutely bonkers over the daily crapfest of life. I need to remember that life with teenagers will change some day; that they will probably grow up without becoming hateful, selfish CEOs of sweatshop farms who live to hack the beaks off chickens; that they might actually like to be around their parents (or step-parents, as the case may be) someday; and that I am not a complete and total failure as a mother because I didn't realize that Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors are so vastly superior to pathetic Converse One-Stars sold at Target that I might as well have suggested to my son that he shave off his eyebrows and wear a dress to school while singing "Un bel di" in its native Italian so he could be a bigger dork.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ack. I'm sorry. Believe me, I feel your pain!

christelpistol said...

if you NEED to buy someone some Chuck's... i know a Saucy Wench who likes em.

christelpistol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.